I downloaded the almost-complete discography of Sonic Youth last night and oh boy oh boy oh boy. I have only listened to 3 of their 12 albums (hah) but I do have to say, they are the kind of band I have been waiting for. Makes me wonder why the hell I waited so long to give them a try, it's not like I was oblivious of their existence. I remember one of my high school friends used to be really hard into them....maybe that's why? I don't think so. Either way, it's some fantastically noisy shoegaze stuff that has some amazing rhythm, and I've only listened to the albums once through but I have a feeling they will be replaying lots on my iPod.

I also downloaded The Microphones last night. I only got to listen to it once as well (there's only so many hours in a day) and it was pretty good. Reminds me a bit of Modest Mouse, so you can't really go wrong. And just now I'm dling some Dinosaur Jr. I'm catching up with all my must-haves all right? Leave me alone.
I had a few things to say but they seem kind of trivial and dumb now. Like how it sucks to be inside on beautiful days but the days aren't really beautiful yet, they're just cold with a chance of sunny. So I'll hold off that whole schpeal until spring rolls around. Until then, toodle-loo, gotta study some good ol' Orgo today.
P.S. I like pictures so I'll post one with every entry. Just cuz.
Post a Comment